Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Taylor Swift Is Phobic About Being in the Wrong Relationship

Taylor Swift Is Phobic About Being in the Wrong Relationship

For some it's spiders, others it's great heights or small spaces. For Taylor Swift, it's bad relationships that are the Grammy-winning singer's greatest fear.

The 20-year-old singer, who graces the cover of the December issue of Allure magazine, confesses, "I have a phobia about being in the wrong relationship. So as soon as I establish it's not the right one, I don't want to waste their time."

Swift goes on to say, "It's a little strange that I'm typically single a lot," even though she has dated the likes of Joe Jonas, Taylor Lautner, John Mayer (who she had an alleged crash-and-burn fling with, which, in turn, supposedly became the basis of her new song "Dear John") and most recently, rumored beau Jake Gyllenhaal

Still, despite any fears she may have, Swift thinks, "Relationships are fascinating and riveting and completely unpredictable," adding, "For me, love is everything."

It seems the young star is also pretty wise beyond her years, as she goes on to tell the mag, "I used to think there were all these rules for making people like you. I was filled with advice! I'd tell my friends things like, 'Don't accept that apology! That isn't sincere!' or 'He hung out with his ex-girlfriend? Get rid of him.' But love is never that simple."

All that wisdom has paid off, not only personally, but professionally. Swift, whose latest album Speak Now sold more than 1 million records in its first week alone, said, "I can only write the material I know, which is what happens to me. And luckily I've had a crazy two years. Not just career wise, but emotionally, too."

There's no doubt that Swift's gutsy songwriting ("I’ve always been comfortable talking about details of my personal life in songs," she told Allure) has a little something to do with all that success!

Are you as afraid of bad relationships as Taylor Swift is? Chime in below!

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/taylor-swift-phobic-about-being-wrong-relationship/1-a-298907

Victoria Silvstedt Vinessa Shaw Virginie Ledoyen Vitamin C Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment