Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ricky Martin: "I Cried Like a Baby" After Coming Out

Ricky Martin: "I Cried Like a Baby" After Coming Out

After admitting to the world that he was gay last year, Ricky Martin had a lot of emotional baggage to sort through. In a new interview with Oprah Winfrey, set to air Tuesday, the singer opens up about how coming out changed his life.

The moment the "Livin' La Vida Loca" singer sent out an e-mail announcing, "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man," Martin says he first felt "numb" and then "relieved."

That's when he really sat back and realized the magnitude of the bomb he had just dropped.

"When I realized, okay, I just pressed send, whoo … I was alone," Martin, 38, says. "I was in my studio alone for a minute. My assistant walked in and I just started crying like a little baby. I started crying."

Martin says that becoming a father to twin boysValentino and Matteo, is what pushed him to reveal the truth about his sexuality.

"I couldn't take it anymore," he says. "It was too painful. But I guess the most important thing is my children...When I was holding them in my arms I was like, 'What, am I gonna teach them how to lie?' Whoa, that is my blessing right there. Then, when I was holding my children I said, 'Okay, it's time to tell the world.'"

What do you think of Ricky Martin's decision to come out? Chime in below!

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/ricky-martin-i-cried-baby-after-coming-out/1-a-294951

Diane Kruger Dido Diora Baird Dita Von Teese Dominique Swain

No comments:

Post a Comment